Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vacation Dorset, England

Just a quick note to inform regulars that I am on my holidays for the next two weeks, so my internet access will be limited for this time. There are Poles everywhere you go in England !!!

Re: Vacation Dorset, England

Next week I too shall be in England, so behave, I’ll be keeping an eye on the local police reports as to your progress.

Which parts are you visiting slepo?

London, East Sussex, perhaps the airshow at Eastbourne weather permitting.

The last two times I've been to Windsor, HRH was in residence so I haven't seen the place since the fire. I'll let my children mostly decide what they want to do. Our time at the natural history and science museums was short last time so we'll have to dedicate a day to those. Also, at least one ride on the number 15 bus.

If you are interested in recent history, I would also recommend the Imperial War Museum (near Oval tube station), and the Cabinet War Rooms (near Westminster tube) - although the latter is not free.

If you're going to the science museum you absolutely have to go to the basement "hands-on" section. Superb for kids young and old.