Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cyber bullying

Is this a problem on websites/fora/noticeboards in Poland?

It's a biggie in the UK - you can happily post abusive remarks about teachers especially on the web, and there's seems to be no interest in moderating sites for this sort of misuse.

Going off on a tangent, the only daft use of the internet I heard about in my locality involved a 12 year old girl on the next street to me who posted sexy photos of herself in various states of undress on the net. And her mother discovered at a parents' evening at school!!

Re: Cyber bullying

Most forums and message boards allow anyone and everyone to write what they want about anyone and anything. Most sites would want the most possible people posting anything, rubbish or not. It's not a negative point, but, it's only this one where you have to fill in a detailed application before being allowed to post!

The average 12 year old today seem completely different to 1a 2 year old my day

An area for legislation?

I don't think this forum is unusual in setting entry security. More useful forums I've come across require some form of registration to weed out the spammers, trolls and kids.

I've never had to complete an application form before. Merely verify my email address. Don't get me wrong, it's a good idea to limit access.

But I don't know how governments plan to legislate against cyber bullying.

Make moderators compulsory??

It's a bit difficult because sites based in America fall under their freedom of speech legislation so basically anything can be posted there (unless it criticises america that is...). In Europe I think there are some quite tight laws on the issue but if the site is not based in Europe then that's the end of that.

There have been quite a few cases where internet entries have been used as evidence in court leading to prosecutions. These days it's not unusual for them to take computers into police custody. Didn't they do that with the McCans?

True. You can write pretty much what you like on a dot com site.