Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Whom God wishes to destroy he first makes mad." Seneca

Cameron (the toff) said words to this effect about Brown.
Could it be applied to anyone in Polish politics?

Re: "Whom God wishes to destroy he first makes mad." Seneca

Do you think Cameron feels threatened by Brown? I think he saw Blair as an easier adversary to topple. Seems to be quite a bitchy comment from a politician's lips.

By the way I don't agree that this statement applies to Polish politics at the moment.

Cameron is a complete and utter tosspot.

If he plays the 'stop imigration' card he will still do well. But he is a total tosser.

I think the inheritance tax card is pretty strong, but the funding for this is not at all clear. I've read it's based of levying a fee of £25k for anyone registering as non domiciled in the UK for tax purposes. I can imagine that this source of income will rapidly dry up when everyone involved moves abroad rather than cough up.

Cameron is obviously mad in the angry sense since every time his party have a good idea, Labour steal & use it.

In Poland, Roman Giertych & his supporters have been consumed by their own paranoia. In my part of town there are two types of election billboards, LPR (Giertych/Rydzyk) and LiD (left & socialdemocrat).
The problem is that every LiD billboard, without exception, has been vandalised usually with slash marks on the candidates' faces and often obscene slogans whereas the LPR ones are pristine. PiSs posters are intact too. This says a lot - rather like the story of the town with two barbers, one with an excellent haircut & the other with scruffy hair. One should always go to the one with scruffy hair because he cut the other's. Just as one should vote for a party whose supporters don't slash the faces on their opponents' posters!

If you can’t get your own side excited then attack yourself. There is the old stratagem of agent-provocateur. Boston Massachusetts politics used to be especially rough; rumor had it that the Kennedy’s would burn some of their own campaign signs just to assure the Irish that they were still being discriminated against.

The ZOMO used to make a point of infiltrating several of their members into student organizations, asides from general spying; their assignment included throwing stones at Milicja during peaceful marches. All the better to assure that other students might join in the mayhem and for the Milicja to be inclined to put the boot in.

That said, probably some drunken LPR supporter is the slasher. But just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you.