Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Credit Card protection in Poland?

Just wondered if anyone knew if there was any type of protection offered by Credit Card companies to their account holders.

Recently I purchased something on Visa, and only received half of what I was promised. After speaking to Credit bank, they have said that there is no protection offered, and they wont do anything - but have a hard time believing this is the case. I know for sure that in the US or UK they CCard co would not look into it for you at the very least.

Anyone know what the regulations really are in Poland?

Re: Credit Card protection in Poland?

The credit card protection in UK & US is the exception rather than the rule. UK has to change the system (if it hasn't already) to bring it in line with the EU's lack of protection. It doesn't exist here.

Your best bet might be the Urząd Spraw Konsumentów, similar to Consumer Protection in the UK, who have legal powers to act and an office in each major town, though people tell me they are sometimes a bit beaurocratic.

Oh well, thanks for the info!

Well apparently my card issuer automatically protects me against internet fraud, card cloning and non existent purchases.

I should imagine that if any issuer wants customers they need to offer some form of reassurance on this score.