Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For Sale Landrover Discovery 2

Due to relocation we are selling our 2000 Landrover Discovery 2.5 TDI.

- 2nd Owner
- Dark green
- 123.000 kms
- Beige leather upholstery/carpets
- Aircon
- Harman/Kardon Radio/CD + speakers
- 2 new tyres
- New battery
- Service history book available
- Very good condition

Asking price 42.000 PLN or nearest offer, available from early January 2008

Please contact us at sue4fun@hotmail.com

Re: For Sale Landrover Discovery 2

Leaving Poland?

Yes, going back to UK after a challenging 2 years in Poland!

Looking at her email address she must be a lawyer!

"Yes, going back to UK after a challenging 2 years in Poland!"

Do tell us more.

Never wanting to say, 'told you so' Life in Poland is not easy, the B&B farming route has been tried and failed in the past only a couple of ways left of making money in Poland unless you are investing a fortune.

But you never know unless you try for yourself.

What suggestions do you have Dajwid for making money in Poland?

Well, the B&B is still up and running and is more successful than ever. This is a family business so we were not in it alone and the rest of the family will continue with it. The place is especially popular with the locals for party purposes.

The only reason for us to leave is that my husband wants to go back to the UK as he can't seem to settle down here and we both agree that we'd rather both be happy somewhere and if that's in the UK then so be it. It's useless to continue the struggle if one of the 2 is constantly unhappy and feels more at home somewhere else.

And yes, it has been challenging - the language, the bureaucracy, the patience that one must have (I used to be very impatient but hey, I have learned to be patient here!!).

But we've made some great friends here and it's sad that we have to leave but home is where the heart is.

Suzanne, I see another answer:- New husband

And yes, it has been challenging - the language, the bureaucracy, the patience that one must have (I used to be very impatient but hey, I have learned to be patient here!!

Suzanne, would like to hear more about your experiences in Poland.ie the b and b set up and what your husband found hard in Poland? Good luck anyway.

Suzanne, would like to hear more about your experiences in Poland.ie the b and b set up and what your husband found hard in Poland?

---

I think we would all find this educational.

Angela, I'm sure there are many factors involved, I spoke to a couple who had a b&b in Krakow, it actually cost them there marriage, as one party enjoyed her native Poland whilst the other party found it difficult to adapt to all the red tape and cultural differences, it didn't work out, the business was seasonal and some clients left without paying, stole the most petty things like sheets, toilet paper and toilet soap.