Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Existentialism

You exist in a bubble surrounded by close friends and life-contacts. It gets Kafka-esque sometimes, like the day I was walking through a part of Warsaw I'd never been to before and a book flew out of a window in the top of a highrise flat and landed in front of me. It turned out to be in English and from a public library close to my home in UK.

This time of year with heavy mists and a (macabre) public holiday alien to most foreign people doesn't do much to anchor one to reality.

Alas, Albert Camus is unable to enlist you in “L’Etranger – Deux”

I share little in common with him - I don't like footie and my pieds are not noirs, but I do like beaches.

it might just be age ...

" It gets Kafka-esque sometimes, like the day I was walking through a part of Warsaw I'd never been to before and a book flew out of a window in the top of a highrise flat and landed in front of me. It turned out to be in English and from a public library close to my home in UK."

Probably a husband and wife rowing and saying "you are not going k' back to k' Anglia you k'"

It would have made a great news story had it hit you on the head Jon. Just think of the fame you missed!

Kismet