Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Strength of the Polish currency

Am I a long way off the truth when I guess that international currency speculators have decided that the Polish economy (eastern European econ.)is going to overheat thereby stoking inflationary pressures and increases in interest rates and upward pressure on the exchange rates extending into the medium term?

I suppose they have to go somewhere now the dollar has gone down in value and the euro looks shaky. I read somewhere that the pound is set to fall slightly too.

Hmmm, it all looks very uncertain. Does anyone out there know of any exchange rate forecasts for the next year or two?

Re: Strength of the Polish currency

http://www.forecasts.org/index.htm

Predictions of a dollar reboud

Dollar will keep declining for most of 08. Rebound likely in 4Q.

Good for American exporters, bad for Europeans. Good for European tourists spending $ in the states.

Dollar will keep declining for most of 08. Rebound likely in 4Q.

Mike C what makes yo think that there will be a rebound in 4Q?

I personally think that the US dollar will reach 2 Zl within 12-18 months, although there are many factors to consider like global warmer, the outcome of the war in Iraq, The China syndrome, and the prime housing crisis in the US.
It will be a question of demand and supply, Poles don't need the US dollar as they did in the 80's and 90's and most people now prefer to trade in currencies like the English Pound which have remained very strong, remember there are over 1 million poles working in GB and Ireland and they will be buying up local currencies not the US dollar.
People now talk of a economic tsunami coming our way, if that was to occur that will certainly put a spanner in the works.
The previous reference re forecasts of the US dollar is inaccurate and not worth referring too.
Poland seems to be good position because it has buffer and protected by weathy EU countries.
It is interesting how Poland will repay the immense debt it has at the present moment.

"Mike C what makes yo think that there will be a rebound in 4Q?"

weak dollar will boost final year numbers for US manufacturers..presidential election is in November...US defecit is expected to go down in 08

we shall see my friend. New Polish gov wants to adopt the eurp as soon as possible so 'the zloty' will soon be a thing of the past

Some people say one thing, and some say another. I can't help thinking that if the dollar really does get close to 2zl, it would be worth buying plenty because it can only recover in the future. The US economy is huge, and long term, it's always worth investing in.

It's just a shame the Department for Homeland Insecurity wants to discourage "aliens" from landing in the US.
Aliens ... I just love the use of that word - always cracks me up!

Aliens ... I just love the use of that word - always cracks me up!

Like wise in Oz not some time ago, the Imigration/police used a form called a Alien Report Form used to report and deport illegal immigrants, you thoght somebody was here was outer space!