Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stop Stansted

The Stop Stansted campain heats up. we must stop Ryanair such a bad company!

Thursday I fly to Gdansk with my wife and 2 kids for under £100 return for us all.

The Taxi to the airport is nearly as much as the flights

Stop stansted, sorry get the second runway open asap.

Re: Stop Stansted

Thursday I fly to Gdansk with my wife and 2 kids for under £100 return for us all.

---

a holiday?

Short break, pop and see the inlaws and shopping trip.

I'm going 'home' for Christmas for the first time in 5 years and it's costing me 200 quid for the three of us, and that includes flying in on Christmas Eve and returning on New Year's Eve - the cheapest flights available.

While the tickets themselves are cheap enough, the add-ons are a joke. You now have to pay for each item of baggage and check-in as well.

The only good thing about it is they fly from Poznan. Next time I'll bear the inconvenience at the other end and fly to Luton.

Ryanair never ever again.

Back in 1987 a rtn Eng-Pol cost GBP 250.

Isn't Schönefeld closer to Gorzow than Poznan?

Even with the baggage and expensive tea it is still a bargain. I remember paying £120 return on a coach 15 years ago

Im going to have another attempt at driving back to England for Christmas - last time I flew, and once the check-in at Okecie and the delayed baggage at Heathrow (British Airways) were taken into account, a 2hour flight had turned into a 6 hour ordeal, not including getting out of the airport and to my home town.

200GBP might seem cheap, but the petrol, ferry and tyre wear on my car is about the same price, and I can carry as many cigarettes and bottles of booze as I like, without panicking about being half a kilo over the weight limit.

Give it a year or two, and they'll start weighing the passengers onto the plane as well ;)

Schonefeld is gerographically closer by a few kilometers, but with the border check still in effect, Poznan is a bit better. It is also easier to get around Poznan, as opposed to fighting to get around Berlin.

We are going to the States for a few weeks in February (Chicago in February!?!), and it was actually cheaper to fly from Poznan via Munich to Chicago than from Berlin (on Lufthansa). Another thing I noticed - it was cheaper to book the tickets with Lufthansa in the U.S as opposed to the European branches.

ryanair?

http://www.customerthink.com/article/inside_out_airlines_take_passengers_for_a_ride

"... Michael O'Leary, chief executive, is reported to have said, "We want to find a way of banning hold baggage, which represents a large part of our airport costs. I can go away for two weeks with just my overnight bag."

Thanks for the news about Ryanair, even if it's bad news.

I always prefer to take hold luggage only and a book to read during the flight. Cuts down on all the post 9/11 security checking and means I don't have to lug anything around after check-in.

I guess that's ok for men Jon, but women like to have particular face creams, shower gels etc and if you can't take that in hand luggage because of checks then you are forced to use the hold. I assume you are not allowed to have hairdryers in handluggage these days? My mum had some unopened rheumatism cream taken off her in krakow because she forgot to put it in her suitcase.

>>I assume you are not allowed to have hairdryers in handluggage these days?

Why ever not? Has there been a hair-dryer-bomber recently that I haven't heard about?

I thought electrical equipment of any type had to be in the suitcase.

"Has there been a hair-dryer-bomber recently that I haven't heard about"

By the way the hair dryer bomber was probably in cahouts with the bramble jelly bomber...

" guess that's ok for men Jon, but women like to have particular face creams, shower gels etc and if you can't take that in hand luggage because of checks then you are forced to use the hold. I assume you are not allowed to have hairdryers in handluggage these days? My mum had some unopened rheumatism cream taken off her in krakow because she forgot to put it in her suitcase. "

Ooops, I use face cream too, plus a couple of other non-gender-specific unguents. But I prefer to stick them in the suitcase rather than have some bramble jelly throwing tyrant (or anybody else) rummage through my spongebag at the security gate.

Apols jon I misread hold luggage for hand luggage....yes of course you must use moisturiser. Very pleased men have caught on to the idea of pampering themselves

There's a cosmetic surgeon with premises in my office building. You'd be amazed how many men leave his clinic with bandages over their facelift scars.

No-one's coming near me with a knife!
Plastic surgery, yuk! How stupid can you get?

I wouldn't mind a few massages, though. Failing that, a long soak in my own juices in the bath wouldn't go amiss.

Eugh, what exactly do you do in the bath?

Well, I never cogitate or masticate.

John Prescott would call it relaxificational bathing.