Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whats going on?

Got back from Polska today.
More about that later.

New minister if finance is English with no pesel, passport, no Polish roots.
other News from my Radio Maryja listening mother in law.
TVN is the devil
Kaczinski is great.
Too many gays in Poland.
The Pope is a nazi.
I love having such interesting conversations.

PS: Rydzyk does not have an expensive car, she tells me 'I don't think he can drive' It is Tusk propoganda.
Tusk is an idiot, he won't give pensioners more money.

Re: Whats going on?

Glad you had a nice visit back!

Anyhow:

"New minister if finance is English with no pesel, passport, no Polish roots."
Jacek Rostowski, not exactly john Bull. It would be truly interesting if he had a pesel, Polish passport and 100% English/Scots/Irish/Welsh roots.

"other News from my Radio Maryja listening mother in law.
TVN is the devil"
The devil (a Christian invention) makes the best TV.

"Kaczinski is great."
He's a tiesome old booby, elected by accident and the laughing-stock of Europe.

"Too many gays in Poland."
Certainly plenty, but not really any more than anywhere else.

"The Pope is a nazi."
During John Paul II's reign, more Roman Catholics, mostly women and children in the third world died because of lack of access to birth control and abortion than died in the gas chambers, so maybe she's got a point - though calling him a Nazi is a bit strong; both believed they were doing right, but the Nazis knew it was evil; JPII didn't. Unless she means Benedict XVI, who hasn't been around long enough yet to do much harm.

"I love having such interesting conversations."
Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and smile politely.

Is the devil a Christian invention?

Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and smile politely.

My poor wife kept saying, Ignore it! please ignore it!

I had a great time really, but Poland is expensive, prices pretty much the same as in the UK. only 5pln to the pound .
I got my watches serviced. Teeth serviced and bought tons of fiat 126 bits to finish my car. Weather was freezing but still a good time.

Here are a few pics (with my usual sarcasm)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Nice flight thanks Ryanair, on time, clean, cheap. But good job I am very short.

Pleased to see that Neptune supports Poland too.

Sopot Molo. so that is where all our sparrows went!

Gdansk, Well done, advertising on a church

Sopot, great building, love it so much, the rest of Sopot is a building site sadly.

The New local shops look good

Gdansk, saving up for plaster I think.

Would you trust them with your new Ferrari?

I hate graffiti but this was really nice until some twat sprayed black all over the face.

Credit, Credit Credit, no bill board is safe. Sadly we take a loan for a new Plasma TV, many take a loan to live.

Beaches fantastic, people great, food = Polish. Love the place, but too expensive

Great pictures! They really have the 'feel' of the Trójmiasto.

"Is the devil a Christian invention? "

Most religions have something similar, but essentially, yes. The more developed the religion, the more they have an extensive world-view on a devil or embodiment of evil. The more 'primitive' the religion, the more elemental and less personified their concept of evil, which is perhaps nearer the truth.

Enough of devils and Nazi popes. The pound is low, the Złoty high! bad news for those in UK who want to visit, good news for those of us earning here who want to go back for a visit!!

No, the Devil is not a Christian invention. Christians merely adopted and developed Jewish traditions, which in turn had originated elsewhere in the middle east.

Exactly! However the Jewish and Babylonian concepts of the devil are/were a very different kettle of fish.

The Christian one has its own characteristics - horns, forked tail, cloven hoof, etc.

I was curious about this and apparently it's more complicated than that. Some versions of the devil are Christian in origin, some are not. It's all a bit mixed up. The link below is quite interesting reading on the subject. Of course, like anything on the web, take with a pinch of sol...

origins of satan

These guys:
http://www.satan.pl/o_nas.php and theses: http://www.satanorium.pl/
seem to know plenty about it all, though not necessarily from an unbiased point of view. Strange when there is so much evil in the world that some people want to make a religion out of it.

By the way, Ania, how do you post links so they show up nicely in blue?

By the way dajwid - some very nice photos there. Is photography a hobby? You could sell some of those as art. Love the one of the statue, v tongue in cheek.

Thanks!

Love Photography, Spend too much on it I am lucky my wife loves it too.

Hoping to get a page up and going as have tons, most of it a bit too arty for the forum.

How did this get round to the Devil ??

blame your mother in law : "TVN is the devil"