Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Modern art

To boost your status in the office, you need to have a piece of modern art hanging on your wall. A mate of mine told me last week that any old berk could paint that tosh - so I set out to prove him right over the weekend.

Picture number 1
Apocalypse, including 4 riders (in the distance, cos I can't paint horses ... requires skill, you see), red sky, gold spray-painted bird (using a stencil from an interior design magazine).
My kids were dead impressed, my wife mumbled something appreciative (I think), my brother-in-law looked blankly.

Picture number 2
Landscape in blue, blue and red sun. Sounds bad, looks magnificent. Wife was either just being nice or she was honestly impressed. Should finish it tonight. All you need is good paint, good brushes and a good surface to paint on. Oh, and absolutely no ambition to paint anything with accurate detail. Try it!

I came bottom in art at school.

Re: Modern art

I have a nice silver birch forest print by Klimt on the wall above my computer. That's about as modern as I get.

This one:

http://www.shop.com/Birch_Forest_Silver_Framed_Print_Gustav_Klimt_234413_Silver-43470385-57390935-p!.shtml?sourceid=298

But in a plain wood frame.

That's actually quite good.
Beyond my level of competence, though.