Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "'Brits' in Poland

"Still, Anna liked Britain, the idea to leave was mine. Poland is clearly on the launch pad to prosperity, while Britain will be lucky to escape a nasty little recession caused by the bursting of the property bubble. So we’ve cashed in our three-bed semi in South East London, and bought a former Bishop’s palace, built in 1660, with 50 or so rooms, a few kilometres from the Czech border and the Sudety mountains.

Our money could have bought us four bishop’s palaces. Some mispricing going on, I felt, in Poland’s and Britain’s property markets. "

I wonder if he'll be so happy when the konserwator zabytków turns up, and insists he restores it painstakingly, using old photographs, qualified craftspeople and original materials!

"Bronek, Gosia and the kids may not know it yet, but they are coming back to Poland next year."

This assumes they are not resourceful enough to find alternative work....

Changing track slightly...

I've been spending a bit of time in Warsaw recently and I have to say, it's made me the most homesick I've been for a long time. It's grown up to resemble the London I left more than 13 years ago.

I think I'd really like to live and work there now.

It really is the best place to live in Poland. It doesn't have the olde-worlde charm (& tourists) of Kraków, or the beaches of Trójmiasto, but everything else is here and right now there is a real buzz here.

gissajob...