Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Friendly Civil Servants.

After years of unfriendly, Soviet-style, hatchet-faced, growling babcias in government offices, there seems to be a bit of change.

I had to go to the town hall today to register something and it was smiles, "How may I help you" and even "have a nice day" (in Polish, of course).

It looks like they've all done customer care courses and the lady I dealt with was genuinely helpful. This wasn't my experience last time I went. This was in Warsaw, and I don't know if these are countrywide changes, but for sure there's been a change for the better!

Re: Friendly Civil Servants.

the last time I updated my KartaP it was the same story - young .. friendly ... spoke English ... apologised profusely for making a mistake in my address (after checking it wasn't my fault but hey, let's not be too picky )
Made a bewildering change from the Polish-only slabs there before...

And they only charged 35 zlots instead of the usual several hundred.
Cheap, friendly service with a smile.

Currently going through the planning process ... will let you know how things develop next year. We're in no hurry to build, so will take things slowly.

"Currently going through the planning process ... will let you know how things develop next year. We're in no hurry to build, so will take things slowly. "

A new house for yourself?

Yeah, something like this:
http://www.houseplans.com/plan_details.asp?id=21900

We're not in a rush though - it'll cause problems with access to schools for our kids, so we won't move in for 3-4 years.

Very good. The house doesn't look at all Polish though. English, yes .

How much do you estimate the house will cost to build? Do you already own a plot?