Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The postman never comes

The postie gets mobbed by angry residents every time he comes. They want their post delivered and he refuses to do it and is now getting scared because people don't like paying late payment fines on gas and electricity bills ...
The post office said it's not their fault - "can't get the staff these days".
Our bills haven't come for the last 2 months.
We're trying to switch to direct debit - but the utilities are unreliable in their billing practices.

Re: The postman never comes

You don't get post delivered to your door?

My Polish postman is friendly and very reliable . He even waves at me when I see him in the street.

Locals wave at our postie, usually hiding several fingers in the process!

I hear that postmen are paid fairly well for unskilled labour in Poland. 2000+ per month.

This situation is causing endless crises now - bills are mounting up all over the village and late payment interest being charged, but the post office refuses to ensure deliveries of mail.

How about collecting your mail direct from the Post Office?

The postman hides things somewhere - they can't find items of mail at the post office. Their excuse is that he's outsource staff.
Dozens of complaints have been made now by many people, but no action has been taken.

On the radio last night I heard some talk of a postal strike. Polish postmen want to be paid 3000 zloties a month. Almost twice that of the average teacher!

Crazy country.

Latest update:
The post office are now sacking my postie for being drunk on duty.
We now have no deliveries whatsoever!

Last week I posted something by airmail to Poznan, Poland. It arrived three days later. That's quicker than some first class post within the UK.

Typical efficiency of Poznan ...

Our Polish postman is very good. He even delivered a parcel at 19.00 this week as he said he saw me leave in my car in the morning. Brilliant service.

We have a new postie - first delivery of 25 letters!!
Got some Christmas cards too.

I've not had a letter delivered for 2 weeks now.
The tax office is threatening me because of the post office's failure to deliver letters!

Time to start checking the neighbor’s attics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9YL0yHohts