Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mugging on New Year's Eve

A couple of well-built men decided to go hunting for a mugging victim on Marszałkowska on NY's Eve. Unfortunately, one decided on my wife.

He suddenly put an arm around her waist to shock her into submissiveness (if you pull at a bag, the victim responds), but I shouted, put my left hand into the air, and while he was distracted I got him in the eyes with pepper spray. I toyed for the moment with the idea of breaking his nose or jeopardising his sex life but decided just to make it to safety instead.

We quickly got into the theatre we were headed for, but not before I heard his accomplice shouting about his friend being attacked. Doubtless, if I'd hung around I'd have been arrested for an unprovoked attack. There were police everywhere on the streets and loads of passers-by ... it was only 19:30.

I think the attacker was attracted by the presence of our two kids - that's how she was mugged last time (under the noses of ticket controllers on the 175 bus outside the Marriot). I broke through them that time and vowed to arm myself for the future. I don't think I'd have tussled unarmed with the gorillas I met on New Year's Eve.

My assertiveness training with ex-GROM staff has paid off

Re: Mugging on New Year's Eve

Well done

Are tasars available in Poland?

taser

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/self-defense-personalsecurity.html

taser??

go for the gold

http://www.smith-wesson.com/

Best insurance there is

"I think the attacker was attracted by the presence of our two kids - that's how she was mugged last time (under the noses of ticket controllers on the 175 bus outside the Marriot)."

That's just crazy. Good job V.

Varsovian-

On buying a replacement spray see if you can find one with an ultraviolet dye. That way the police can identify the attacker days later.