Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Father Tadeusz Ryszyk and Radio Maryja

I'm sure the good Rev will restore justice in Poland.

Depends on how you define justice.

Don't forget the Poles who have left and are as a result more enlightened about world affairs than before, can all vote.

Most Poles in the UK live in Polish bubbles. Polish tv, Polish language, Polish food, Polish beer, Polish vodka. Polish friends etc

They are not going to suddenly become worldly wise because they work in a factory in Leeds or care home in London.

Surely it's less of a Polish bubble than living in Poland. You see a different side to life even if you spend your time with fellow countrymen. Everyone is influenced by their surroundings and the culture they live in.

The new poles intergrate very well. You are thinking of the good old days. My local pub is full of Poles all drinking with the brits and speaking Penglish.
The are all shocked by this news the hate for these people is very strong, 'Dat is why I left dis crazy place, Now I stay here, maybe one day I go home but now England is home'. Marek 23 last night, the 5 mates agreed.

Rydzyk's mohair brigades will die off soon enough. They're not recruiting new members.

Let's not forget that these people actually played a very positive role during communism. Unfortunately, they are also the ones who haven't been able to adopt to the new order.

I'm not quite sure what the new order in Poland is or what it stands for.

The dynamic friction of old and new attitudes is what makes the country so interesting and diverse in opinons. I do hope they don't turn into yet another nation governed by reality tv and nanny state lecturing. Why on earth should people all think the same complacent way? You need opposing views to spur on creativity.

ok, fair enough. I agree that Rydzyk and mohair brigades add a very amusing perspective

But in all seriousness, you’re missing the point. A priest who runs multi-million corporations, meddles in politics, and starts his own political party clearly has an agenda of his own that’s all about power and money. It has nothing to do with differing opinions or debate of ideas.

Also, it would serve you well to read about the National Party in Poland during the 1920’s and what they stood for…traditions that Rydzyk clearly wishes to emulate.

Also, it would serve you well to read about the National Party in Poland during the 1920’s and what they stood for…traditions that Rydzyk clearly wishes to emulate.

Lol, I've never so much nonsense and nasty talk. Mike C you may might want to start in your own back yard ie George W. Bush before your throw mud at people who have the best interest of the average Polish person.

before your throw mud at people who have the best interest of the average Polish person

Not talking about 'the mushroom man' now surely.

now now no need to be nasty...no matter how bad people perceive the good Reverend to be, I would prefer him than any of those in the present government. Could somebody please tell me what this man has done wrong? The silence is deafening!!

I think he's probably too right wing and too religious for some.

He is giving a bad impression of the Catholic church offbeat. The fact that some clergy feel the same is enough for you to be able to accept this as evidence of something not being quite right.

Offbeat your repetition is becoming boring.

A long time ago you preached your never ending love and devotion to Father mushroom.

Most people agreed to disagree.

Many posted list after list of things he has done wrong and continues to do.

We will never agree on this subject in a million years.

Why Father Mushroom?

because his head is so big he doesn't leave mushroom for parishioners?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJsmnsvvm8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZim-VLw-L8&feature=related

“Why Father Mushroom?”

Rydz is a type of edible mushroom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactarius_deliciosus

The addition of an –yk suffix in Polish creates a diminutive appellation comparable to the Italian –ini. Of course, in Polish there are an infinite number of diminutive forms.