Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Polish Police and Corruption Website

From the website

"For more than 10 months in 2002, I was held in Poland without my passport and made to stand trial for a crime I did not commit. During this time, I lost my money, my time, my credibility and my good name all of which I had spent the better part of my life building up. I suffered unending depression, had my name slandered and was never even allowed to defend myself. ..."

Hmm I doubt there are any squeeky clean police forces. When I was in America my friend was telling me how corrupt the police were seen to be there. The Police in Poland have always had a bad reputation because they used to have priveleges under communism (when it was called what I assume is translated as militia?) and corrpution was rife throughout society in those days. One of my mum's cousins was a "milicjant" and I remember how he took my mum to the front of the food queue at a butchers where she was offered a choice cut of meat from under the counter whilst disgruntled babcias look on disapprovingly. That was in 1980....I'm sure that a culture like that takes a while to die out.

Maybe it's just me but I find it difficult to discover what his alleged crime was and what the website is about.