Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ITV Programme on Poland

Are you a Brit living in Poland?

Or

Are you Polish and thinking of returning to Poland permanently?

Hello everyone. My name is Liz and I am currently working on a Television programme for ITV1 Meridian. We’re looking at the recent reports that an increasing number of Polish people are choosing to leave England and return to Poland - either because of the weakening pound or simply because they miss their families! We are hoping to speak with people who are currently thinking of returning or who have definitely decided they will return over the next month or so.

We are also hoping to speak with Brits who currently live in Poland and can tell us about why Poland is such a great place to live! Especially if they would recommend it to others!

Please do contact me on 07739 003 708 or liz.kay@itv.com

Many thanks

Liz Kay | Researcher | ITV plc
Tel: 07739003708 | Mob: 07739003708 | Liz.Kay@itv.com

ITV plc Head Office Tel +44 (0) 20 8528 2000 itv.com

Re: ITV Programme on Poland

I'm so tempted...

But I really ought to wait and see what happens in London next week...

kevin the eastend barrow boy would be up for it. he lives in warsaw.

I wouldn't want to be on ITV - they're bound to misrepresent you!

I wonder if they'd like to follow my wife's cousin as he comes back from Bangla town of Tower Hamlets to the family farm in back-of-beyond Poland which he is going to transform with the help of EU grants and subsidies.

That would be such good TV - but I doubt ITV would have the ability to make it. Oh well, such is life.

"I wouldn't want to be on ITV - they're bound to misrepresent you!"

Precisely. This is likely to be a controversial piece with Poles moaning about all the problems with living in the UK. There is always a political slant to any socio-documentary.