Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Prostitutes - personal experience

I'm not an expert on the subject, but, Poland is the only country where I've seen prostitutes on main roads waiting for clients.

Is it illegal there?

I've seen a streetwalker in Prague.

There are prostitutes the world over. For many women it's easy money.

I can't believe it is easy for any woman Hans. It's disgusting to have strangers pawing you and entering your body, never mind how much they pay. I could never do it.

I reckon most women who do this start from desperation. I guess once you have tried it, there is no going back so they carry on. Then again I don't understand women who want to sleep around with strangers they meet in bars.....

"Then again I don't understand women who want to sleep around with strangers they meet in bars..... "

True. I don't see much difference to this and doing the same - but for cash.

I remember seeing a Newt Gingrich (a former Republican politician and Speaker of the House of Representatives for those who don't know/remember) speech in which he stated that marriage is basically a form of prostitution: a women gives sex/sexual favors for a lifetime of security (physical, economic, etc.).

He has been married three times and was just as big a philanderer as Clinton.

he stated that marriage is basically a form of prostitution: a women gives sex/sexual favors for a lifetime of security (physical, economic, etc.).

--

In many cases this is true to some extent.

I don't understand women who can marry someone they don't fancy, just for financial security and and a nice house. I could not bear for a man to touch me if I'm not attracted to him.

Prostitution is a form of exploitation which profoundly affects the pscychological make-up of the person involved.

It's not easy money, it's certainly not marriage, and it's not a normal sort of job.

‘I don't understand women who can marry someone they don't fancy, just for financial security and a nice house. I could not bear for a man to touch me if I'm not attracted to him”

Yes, witness Hillary Clinton.

“which profoundly affects the pscychological make-up of the person involved”

Yes, witness Hillary Clinton.

http://www.stophernow.com/