Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The most popular TV programmes in Poland?

We were wondering what the most popular TV programmes in Poland are?

Is there a Polish equivalent of Coronation Street or Eastenders? Something watched every day by millions?

Re: The most popular TV programmes in Poland?

There are a number of popular soaps and chat shows on Polish TV. Some essential viewing.

No time for a longer reply now as we're leaving for Church. More later.

M jak milosc is the best Polish soap. I even watch it

there are loads of very addictive and well made soaps on Polish tv. M jak milosc is very good, but I like the one with the kids who are at college and zlotopolscy are also good. I don't watch them v often these days, but they aren't bad.

I hate the game shows. They seem to pick the ugliest people to appear on them.

I used to love pszczolka maja (a children's programme). I wonder if that is still on.

L like Love on Polonia TV is great. It even has English subtitles

There is a soap opera set in a hospital. It is shown every Sunday about 4pm. This is very popular. Unfortunately I've forgot what it is called and my wife is not here to ask.

There is also a song contest hosted by a large man called Mann on the same day. In English it is called Path to Success. Contestants sing songs by a different group while the group sit and watch. Karoake style. I almost always watch this

"There is also a song contest hosted by a large man called Mann on the same day. In English it is called Path to Success. Contestants sing songs by a different group while the group sit and watch. Karoake style. I almost always watch this "

I cannot simply cannot comprehend how anyone can like this programme. I think this is what I meant about ugly people on tv.....It's worse than Pop idol (another of my pet hates along with celebrity get me out of here, celebrity anything in fact, strictly dancing (I mean how far can you stretch one idea?), the simple life interns (why is that always on?), etc, other crappy tv programmes, etc.....)

There is a soap opera set in a hospital. It is shown every Sunday about 4pm. This is very popular. Unfortunately I've forgot what it is called and my wife is not here to ask.

--

According to my daughter in law - na dobre i na zle