Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Photographs of Poland

I have a suggestion

Perhaps members could post their own photographs here in this thread? They must have been taken in Poland by themselves and be of unusual and interesting Polish things

I for one would enjoy looking at them

Re: Photographs of Poland

Not photos of themselves.

Polish things and places in Poland.

Nice idea. I will try to add one or two photographs during the week.

Here's one taken only yesterday:

Flooded road

The view from my Land Rover! If you look closely you'll see the line the road takes through the flood.

An another taken out in the woods earlier in the week:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The sign reads: 'POLIGON WOJSKOWY WSTĘP WZBRONIONY PRZEBYWANIE GROZI ŚMIERCIA'

Who can tell me what the picture might be of?

Maybe a military training area, with exercises involving guns, tanks etc. Either that or an area where they haven't cleared the mines from WWII!

Something to do with the army and death?

How do you post pictures to the forum?

What's the wooden thing inside the car in the first picture?

looks like a very long rolling pin

That's the idea. Thanks.

How do you post pictures to the forum?

www.tinypic.com

Very easy.

What's the wooden thing inside the car in the first picture?

Self-defence? a baseball bat?

It's a canoe paddle.

And the 2nd is the edge of a military training area.

Any more photos?

Hans? Varsovian? Jon? Simon? T.O.M? ...?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Car sales in Tesco car park!

Today there were 16 cars being offered for sale at the far end of Tesco's car park. People come from all around just to inspect the cars on offer. Cheaper than a classified ad in a local newspaper

Tesco Gorzow

anyone know where this is

ever wondered what Polish country roads look like in the Spring?

this was the road up from our house - just where we have to stop, wait, look and listen ... and then try to move again before the summer sun hardens the gloop.

at the end of the wet season someone hauls a lump of concrete over it to even out the humps'n'hollows

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Shot at 2007-03-04

(no, that's not our house even though those are indeed my children ...).

Don't you just love those concrete pre-formed fences

Immensely popular in Poland.

a little taste of "real" Poland

these of course aren't the worst - that spot is reserved for the painted ones (bright pink with the scrolly bits done in white ... not a pretty sight )

it all looks better later on in the year (and with the concrete monstrosity at some distance)

these of course aren't the worst - that spot is reserved for the painted ones (bright pink with the scrolly bits done in white ...

The far distant shot looks good.

Has your farmer now replaced his horse with a tractor (with the help of EU funds)?

the horse was a recent burst of genius on the part of the owner - the ground there's really too wet for a tractor and always got torn up at hay time.

I've heard corncrakes in that field though no cranes so far (they're a few 100m away in another direction)

::sigh:: These photos are making me yearn to go to Poland. I love the big skies, open fields and forests even if the roads ARE flooded....

'anyone know where this is?'

Somewhere on the Baltic coast ?

It was near 'Ustka' and what made it different was the mud-castle pictured in the foreground. By the time we were there it was quite extensive and added to daily by a soulful looking young man of unknown nationality.

Can you recommend anywhere decent to stay in the area? I'm planning a trip that way in the summer.

Another picture.

A traditional Polish soft drink - podpiwek

podpiwek

Not dissimilar to Cola.

we were staying in a cabin in Orzechowa ... very close to the beach, but the culinary capital for every mosquito within flying distance ...
other than that, i really have no idea ... the beach was a bit odd there - not at all as wide and sandy as usual along the coast. pebbly and muddy (hence the mud-town) quite often.

Is Podpiwek some sort of beer? Shandy?

must be a regional thing. I've never seen it before. It's non alcoholic and people apparently ferment it at home using yeast and malt flour and hops.

A winter walk around the city of Gorzów:

What a complete dump Gorzow is.

I'm going out with a camera now. Will post some photographs later this week.

I bought some Podpiwek. Didn't like it much.

It's made commercially in a village not far from here.