Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Poles Still Need Visas to Go to The U.S.

Similar here in the UK - most English people if they are honest much prefer a Polish immigrant to an African or Asian. It's not just about blending in. Crime and unemployment figures show clearly that European immigrants are less of a burden on the rest of society. I guess it's the same with hispanics in the US.

European immigrants are less of a burden on the rest of society
Poles come to the US and contribute to society blend in with the overall population but still retain customs from the old country why is it that blacks, arabs and mexicians live like they are totaly seperate from others

In this country we live this of the people bye the people fore the people

Wildphelps Poles work

My last post on this thread...

African-Americans = systematically, institutionally and legally denied the chance to integrate for almost 400 years. However, we are about to elect an African-American man as president. Could it be because government actions in the 60s like affirmative action forced the country to reconsider its behavior and insist that all people have a chance at success? A link?
If you want to argue about integration, one can argue that African-Americans were the first "true" Americans in the sense that during colonial times, they were forced to create a culture for themselves as a group despite tribal and langauge differences brought from Africa.

Arabs = I know plenty of Arabs who have integrated/assimilated, yet they keep their religious traditions. Isn't that the point of American religious tolerance? Perhaps it seems to you that they do not assimilate because they don't wear Levi's, love baseball, etc.

Mexicans = After over 3 years of working with Mexicans on a daily basis, let me assure you, they assimilate and at a faster rate than the "old" European immigrants did. It appears that they do not because so many keep coming. The new arrivals give the appearance that all Hispanics do not assimilate. In my experience, there are very few second generation Hispanic immigrants (i.e. their parents immigrated) who are not bilingual and just as assimilated as you or I. And I know of NO third generation Hispanics who are not assimilated.

If integration/assimliation is the test you use to check if a group is part of America, let us consider another group.

This group:
Refuses to speak English unless absolutely forced to;
Is distrustful of "the English" and by that they mean Americans;
Refuses to cooperate with local, state, and federal law enforcement officials in such cases as rape, murder, molestation, and incest;
Refused to serve in the military during times when the draft was in place;
Frequently puts their women into arranged marriages many times against their consent and the women have no property rights;
Consistently condemns the American lifestyle as "godless" and claims that most Americans will burn in hell with no hope of salvation.

Of course no one has a problem with the Amish. I wonder why. Maybe because they are white? But what do I know?

"bye the people fore the people"

... sounds like a mixture of cricket and golf!

“Our pro American Polish friends must now be holding there head in shame as they see there life long investments and job security fall by the wayside thanks to US greed.”

Really? Now is the time to buys stocks and real estate in the US…think of it as a giant sale. You can own a piece of America at a discount. This is a normal business cycle…or what goes up, must come down. Or that old saying you may have heard, "buy low, sell high" That may be easier to understand.

“Lets hope that the Obama gets the US back on track”

God help us...

USAPROUD - always nice to read your posts. Right on brother!!!

“If you want to argue about integration, one can argue that African-Americans were the first "true" Americans in the sense that during colonial times, they were forced to create a culture for themselves as a group despite tribal and langauge differences brought from Africa.”

Ok there wildhelps….good point on civil rights but now you are going overboard…

I see that you are/were a teacher. Try discussing this subject with an inner city cop. Or a sheriff, or better yet a border patrol agent. You may find their perspective interesting.

Really? Now is the time to buys stocks and real estate in the US…think of it as a giant sale. You can own a piece of America at a discount. This is a normal business cycle…or what goes up, must come down. Or that old saying you may have heard, "buy low, sell high" That may be easier to understand.

Yeah, that's if you have a bucket load of money!.Try telling those who have lots heaps in this current financial crisis.

Lets face it America is slowly loosing it and in time will be another failed economy.

“Try telling those who have lots heaps in this current financial crisis.”

The only people that lost money in this current financial crisis are those that sold low. If you don’t sell it’s not a loss.

---------

The U.S.A.; in its third century of proving communists wrong!

“The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another - no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy.” Friedrich Engels

“The first requisite for the happiness of the people is the abolition of religion.”
Karl Marx

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

"We will bury you!" Nikita Khrushchev

“America is slowly loosing it and in time will be another failed economy” offbeat

The only people that lost money in this current financial crisis are those that sold low. If you don’t sell it’s not a loss.

True...but how long will it take for the markets to recover??
What about the 2m or so Americans who will have there homes repossessed in the next 12 months.

It seems to me that people living in America have been brainwashed in thinking that America is the greatest and everyone else is just second class.
I can tell you that a growing amount of people in oz are loosing respect for America and like I mentioned before the whole crisis in the financial system has stemmed from the US (as a result of greed)
People have woken up to this type of capitalism and it will never trust the US again.
There is no fair play in US business, its the survival of the fittest.

“There is no fair play in US business, its the survival of the fittest.”

What exactly is unfair about that?

unfortunately, with the recent banking bailout by the federal government, it is no longer so…

Btw, GREAT MAJORITY of people who are losing their homes bought homes they could not afford. Hence the consequence. Those who worked hard and bought what they could pay for are doing just fine.

Same thing happened in the US during the last S&L crisis in the late eighties (this was when Donald Trump went 1 billion in debt. And look at him now)

This is nothing new…normal business cycles.
Exacerbated this time around by low interest rates.

Wait 5 years, watch what happens

The S&L crisis of the 80s had no effect in Europe because the European banking sector was properly regulated at that time.

Somehow the politicians knew then that bank CEOs were clever enough to rob their own banks blind for their own short-term gain and had to be watched carefully.

The UK is in a particularly bad position at present because Gordon Brown has racked up $300 billion in off-balance sheet public debt through public-private partnerships (building schools/roads etc at over-inflated prices) and the EU is forcing him to put those liabilities on the books. Perversely, the financial crisis will help him get off the hook by cloaking his profligate incompetence.

Wait 5 years, watch what happens

hmmm, yeah, 5years is a long time.

Its interesting to note that all of a sudden we have experts who can explain what has occurred with great confidence....perhaps they may have been more vocal before the crisis occurred.

I think 5 years is a understatement, I think it will be longer (could be wrong) (keep in mind Japan has still not recovered)

Lets get back to the original topic hey.