Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: LOT prepares major redundancies as losses mount!

I would love to give some positive comment as to what may occur to Poland in the near future. Obviously governments got it wrong and were unable to predict the current crisis.
I am surprised that Poland is doing pretty well at the moment. I truly amazed at the rise of prices in real estate in Poland, Poles are optimists.

Poles were slow to fall into the Great Depression too, but when they did they really got hit.

Like I say, Poles are still buying real estate at very high prices. Daily living items are going up, but Poles are spending. I don't understand..

Call me an optimist but I don't believe there will be a great depression. We live in a very different world now. Yes people will lose jobs but I don't believe there will be anything as disastrous as the 1930s. It's amazing that it has been pretty much caused by accounting presentation techniques.

I can only hope you're right - but get ready for the FTSE to fall to 3400.

No expert on the Polish stock exchange but in a spate of a few months the WIG20 has fallen from over 1800 to 1296.
Are things getting worse in the Polish economy?

There is a big slowdown in industrial production, but we are not in the dramatic Iceland stage that the UK finds itself in.

goto http://www.marketoracle.co.uk
This will give you some real news, not the nonsense you get on TV

The Polish market is getting hammered as foreign investors are desperately hunting liquidity and Poland depends on hot money - 3 month bonds. No banks are bankrupt in Poland (though PKO SA might have problems due to its Unicredito owner) and the level of personal debt is low - the exact opposite of the UK and US, where virtually all the banks are bankrupt through betting heavily on the rising US real estate market.

Get ready for high inflation in the UK after the damaging deflation is through ... oh and economic stagnation for a decade or more. Oh ... and the pound might go down even further - GBP1 = USD 1

As for Ireland - they have gone bankrupt and its only the euro that stopped meltdown. Wait for their major bailout plan from Brussels, just in time for the referendum on the EU Constitution.