Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
my place in the world- could you check my homework? plaese !

MOUNTAINS
I live in place where surround ny mountains. It's the one with charactersitic elements for my region. The most fomous are: Bieszczady and Zakopane. With mountains sonnected is culture people who lives in thiis area. Mountains are the most beautiful region elements where I life.

FORESTS
Woods are the next element landscapes, wich they are characterized by my area, where I live. Closes and the best I know is forest near my house. It's very neat by people and live there a lot of animals, among other things: deers, stages and hares.

CHAPELS
Wayside shrines are connected with faith people. In Cracow is their a lot of, some of them come still with I world war. People built their to get lost for care, good harvest, health and help. until these days people take care of chaples becouse they don't want that time destroyed them.

GARDENS
Poles cultivates a lands. Majority of people have owne gardens, in their plant vegetables and fruits. They care for theyselves harvest, becouse people in my region prefer one's own food. They plant: potatoes, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuces ect. Gardens are also the place where can rest. The place, where is silence and can forget about problems. Garden is place, where people can think about all problems.

THEATR
The most popular entertaiment place are other things: theatres. People like come to performance. In schools are lot of trip in theatrs. The most know and the oldest theatr is Teatr Słowagkiego. He is descended with time kings. IN their put out are plays the biggest writer in the world eg. Williama Shakespeara.

WAWEL
Wawel located in centre Cracow. It's former seat kings and centre former Polish capital. It's main atraction in Cracow. Every year on Wawel arrive thousands turists, to visit and see it.

I hope that sb help me soon.

love
kathy

Re: my place in the world- could you check my homework? plaese !

The English needs to be corrected. Lots of errors.

och i know but i'm still working on my english...

To begin with you don't seem to have used any articles (a, an, the) in your composition. Polish doesn't use them, but, English does.

Also lots of spelling mistakes.

Your first sentence might be corrected like this:

I live in place where surround ny mountains = I live in a place, which is surrounded by mountains.

Sorry, I'm not going to do any more, as it's your homework not mine

OK. I understand, it's too badly with my skills :)

pzdr