Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 

Now hear this, the stock market is just about to nosedive once again. Destination is 50% lower than present, bottom in 2011 with little hope-destroying rises on the way. Then inflation will eat away all that remains of the value in your investments. What you have in investments now will regain present-day values in perhaps 20 years.

I sold my last stock-related investment today.

Please note that I am a complete amateur investor and so am more likely to get it right than everyone else in the media.

Gold will not help you. It loses value in a depression. Keep cash on savings accounts for a couple of years then try to spend it before inflation starts.

Keep your head. Recovery will have several false starts - do not invest anything for at least 3 years regardless of who tells you it's a good idea!

Concentrate on your family and all the other good things in life!