Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Polish football in tatters

So, no world cup campaign for Poland in South Africa next year. Miserable coup de grace from Slovenia. No-one has even mentioned it at work today, they're all too depressed.
Meanwhile, flicking over to UK TV after every Slovenian goal last night England couldn't seem to stop scoring ... 5-1 against Croatia.
I don't actually like soccer, but last night with the in-laws was more than mildly amusing, sadist that I am.

Re: Polish football in tatters

Yes well I guess it will save me from the emotional and depressing experience of watching Poland play badly and lose again. I'd rather watch a horror film (and I hate horror films. I end up jumping and hiding behind the sofa - so embarassing when I scream in the cinema).

They are too emotional and insecure about the game. If they score a goal they think they have won already. They never seem to gel as a team, too many individualists too big headed and paying too little attention to the needs of their team mates. Am I being too harsh?

Coach blamed.

"Poland have sacked coach Leo Beenhakker after a 3-0 defeat in Slovenia all-but ended their hopes of reaching the 2010 World Cup in South Africa ...."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8248017.stm

He learny about the sacking because a journalist interviewing him on the pitch overheard the former secret police chief, now head of the Polish FA, saying he was going to be sacked!
Professionalism :)