Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: favorite Polish art or artists

I have a few favourite Polish artists. One of them and my most favourite is a painter Wojciech Kossak. He is especially known for painting horses and battle scenes.

Olga Boznańska - she is known for paintings of children and people in general.

My absolute favourite Polish artist is:

Jacek Malczewski

Jacek Malczewski Jacek Malczewski

You can see more of his fabulous paintings here:

Jacek Malczewski

Sorry, I messed up the image link html. Here it is again ...

Malczewski

Jacek Malczewski [Polish Painter, 1858-1929]

What a woman ...

Matejko rules!
here`s my favorite painting:
http://polandpoland.com/jan_matejko.html
Guess why?

And this - The Battle of Grunwald, probably the best known painting in Poland:
http://www.pinakoteka.zascianek.pl/Matejko/Images/Grunwald.jpg

Most amuzing, Marek! Does the subject of the Matejko painting have anything to do with your liking for the painting .

Of course it`s not only the subject i like. The point is he was able to draw such huge paintings with these numerous details, i`m amazed of his skills. It`s really far more interesiting than impressionists works.
But historical moments his paintings represent...those were glorious times, what a pitty that are gone now

Polish art posters

Does anyone know where I can buy posters of art by Polish artists. Searched google and art.com but couldn't find anything much. Maybe there is a Polish supplier?

Stanisław Ignacy Witkiewicz
http://zakopany.webpark.pl

"Polish art posters wanted! Any leads for mail order suppliers of posters?

Me too! Is their anyone in Poland supplying art prints of Polish artists?

For those looking for Polish art posters check out
www.poster.com.pl or www.polishposter.com

Does anyone know of a artists by the name of Stanislaw Dabrowski? Do you know how I can find out more on him?

I like the Malczewski paintings. Strong looking child-producing women.

The National Musuem in Poznan has several of Malchewski's works on display. There is one interesting series of individual portaits of villagers who all drink poisoined water from the same well. Thankfully, they were captured in oil before expiring.

I'm still looking for art prints of some of these 19th century Polish works for my place in Poland. Can't find them anywhere ...

Help?

I recently took a trip to Wroclaw and had the chance to see the Panorama Racławicka which was incredible. It's well worth seeing...

http://www.panoramaraclawicka.pl/