Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: White Storks and Spring!

I saw three storks today in village west of Poznań .

Beat you! I saw six storks in total .

I think there are less storks here in Poland this year. Bird flu?

Do you like observations of storks nest ?
visit www.bociany.kalinski.pl

Thank you, Jacek. Strangely I was just thinking about storks. Somebody mentioned there are less this year but here in west Poland they are everywhere. In fact more nests seem to be occupied than there were last year.

Did anyone see the front cover of Angora magazine this week with the picture of the male stork shot through the chest with a home made arrow ?

The stork near my house stayed for the whole winter, didn't move an inch. So beat that!

I think is name is Atlas as there is a name plate near him. I feed him but he doesn't seem to eat much.

I'm not understanding the importance in this stork posting. It seem like a popular subject. Is this stork of great significance in PL?

This a good question.Some of us still believe the storks deliver babies
Storks' arrival means long awaited spring has come
Some of us do not like frogs,so a stork is an allie

I think the white stork is a better national symbol for Poland than the white-tailed eagle.

More storks make their nests in Poland than in any other country. They are impressive and interesting birds to watch.

It's very unusual for a stork to winter in Poland. It's too cold for them and little or no food is available for them.

Do white storks in Poland ever build their own nests or do they always nest in the platforms constructed for them on top of telegraph poles?

They do make their own but very often they used power towers or telegraph poles. Problem is it is dangereous. so people made platforms keeping them away from the cables. They return to the same nest every year.