Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Teaching english - salaries?

O'Neill

More of a full-scale pealing than a simple ring

In the tricity about 80. Only one I know if is full, no free places

I would say thousands new ones open and close everyday.

British council are not, 100% not the best of the lot.

I have no idea where anyone got that idea

Any school is only as good as the person teaching.

So he's back in town trawling all the language schools for work! Strange time of year to be looking. Even weirderstill that he hasn't given up on the whole tefl thing by now.

I really think there has to be something wrong with someone who doesn't understand a message THAT blatant...

Who is this Tim guy?

"bonking"?

Paul,

Mark and Simon are talking about someone they both know who is involved in tefl. Nothing to do with the rest of the thread .

Marta,

"Bonking" = screwing, shagging, fu*king

I believe it's also still called "Having Sex"

Or as in: Bonking mad, bonkers.

Tut tut tut, one track minds.

that might be due to the excess of sexual swearwords in my post

Simon - I beielve the phrase that suits Tim (and Paul (dig dig)) is: "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.'

Present company (apart from the aforementioned) excepted, of course.

Tim worked for a company in Berlin for some time I think. He's totally unreliable and never lasts long anywhere. Hence trawling the schools. He has much the same philosophy that dajwid described - he must be able to teach because he's a native...

beielve

*Believe

You don't know me Mark so........

The only thing your digging is the grave for yourself if that is the way you approach ppl.

listen fuckflaps

My mistakes are typographical errors, caused by sitting in an armchair with a keyboard on my lap, as anyone with half a brain would be able to see.

Your mistakes are due to a Comprehensive education in some rat infested, tower block ridden inner-city are, the lack of a proper upbringing, an alcoholic sot of a mother, numerous 'uncles' many of whom bought you presents in exchange for your silence about what went on in your bedroom while mummy was passed out in a drunken stupour in front of the supermarket brought home cinema system with an overfull ashtray spilling into her overtight shellsuit clad lap.

See the difference?

Happy to help.

'your' should be 'you're' by the way. We do not use possessive pronouns when forming the present progressive tense.

Even in cyberspace.

Happy to help, Gonzo.

Sounds like a pikey council estate.

Is that what you think my life style is?

My brother is in the Royal Marines and I have a sister who is at Royal holloway university studying a 4 year degree in science communication. I say I have a successful family.

I know your spelling is fine. I was pulling your chain, Pulling your leg. You let ppl get under your skin so easily pal.

Take a break.

Brockhill Park school, I believe that is the school your after. Yeh what a dump that place was. Although I passed none the less and got into university. So now your saying everyone that goes to a comprehensive school is doomed?

You sound like a snotty kid who had daddy pay for your private education.

lol Yeh, did you know that 75% of students each year at that school fail to get 5 C at GCSE.

Only 25% of those students pass with 5 GCSE at grade C and above.

Anyway

You can argue on the internet if you wish but I'd rather watch Only fools and horses.

ta ta.

Good idea watch Del Boy, he will teach you how to really talk english good. Good job he ain't gonna teach.

Can't get more cockney that Del-Boy

Why would someone from England or US want to come to Poland for teaching English?

For what it's worth - my top income in a good month was around 14 000 zl, working my freelance buns off 16 hours a day with Warsaw execs.
I've sort of changed direction now - proofreading. God work if you can get it.
Will go back to teaching part time when I 'retire' at 55 to tend the garden.
Being an experienced language teacher in the UK, really listening to your students, learning about their business, and being willing to go the extra mile at all times - never ratty, always cheerful - these are things that'll get you far.