Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Joining together to invest in Polish property.

Has anyone considered pooling resources with other like minded investors and building either a Polish property portfolio or simply investing in one really nice property ?

As we all know, the prices for the properties we would ideally want are probably out of our reach but by joining together it makes it much more affordable.

It goes without saying that necessary legal documents would have to be drawn up to protect everyone but it's not an uncommon thing to do.

Is this a stupid idea ? Comments welcome

A very good idea. If you are serious feel free to contact me! I'd most likely be interested in such a joint venture

I also like the idea of buying somewhere as a group. Maybe a large, older property in need of renovation?

Anyone who might be interested then please feel free to email me :)

Can't you afford GBP 12 000?

Hi Varsovian,

Yes I can afford it but that's not the point. I'm not just looking to buy any property and own it for the sake of owning it. I'm looking to buy something that will appreciate in value over the years.

By pooling resources I think a group can afford to invest in projects that an individual would not be able to afford themselves.

I for one would rather have say a 20% share in a property than have nothing at all or something very cheap. With property prices in Poland whatever the investment you are certain to make cash over time. The higher the cost of the original property, the higher the potential profit ...

I also like the idea of buying somewhere as a group. Maybe a large, older property in need of renovation

I like this renovation idea how many trades have we got between us
I was a refrigeration air con eng (not really helpful)
but i have renovated a house in dublin

My father built his own house; we're building another. Labour and labour costs aren't normally a problem at least in the west of Poland. A large, old house would be an interesting project. A German period palace in need of renovation, for example . With say 10 people in the investment group the initial purchase would be quite affordable. Wouldn't it be great to have a tenth share in a palace ?

I kind of like the idea. Especially if the investment wasn't too much and the people involved flexible and trustworthy. It might be fun .

Please post details here on the forum if you both decide to go ahead with the plan and purchase an old building for improvement.

For anyone interested then please email me at bedfordfallsmarketing@btopenworld.com

the palace at radyzmin Podlaskie, near me, is for sale. Advertised on onet. Looked cheap.

Ok-we have 5 people interested so far. These people have contacted me directly and I've added their addresses to a distribution list.

If anyone else is interested or simply wants to re-affirm their interest then please post on this thread or email me at info@spiritusagency.com