Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Friends Reunited" in Poland

Okay, i dont hate it, but its annoying to see ''Friends reunited; Click here'' n then i bother to click ther n it says ''Meet up with your old school colleges in USA, Canada and UK!''

Its annoying that its all about Usa, Canada n Uk, they should have something for poland and the rest of continental europe as well

So I take it there is nothing like this in Poland ?

Its annoying that its all about Usa, Canada n Uk, they should have something for poland and the rest of continental europe as well

I agree, but since the website creators are English, perhaps they're not sure where to start.

Give them a few years or write and offer to help... you never know, it could be quite lucrative!

The States also has other sites like the one mentioned. You sign up for free and can see all the other people listed that you went to school with then they charge you if you make contact with them. So i guess it works well if you log on see a bunch of A#$holes you went to school with you arent charged for just searching.

spiritus!! Go for it, the guy that started it in the UK started in his bedroom then sold it for millions.

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to get going here.
When you sell the company in 5 years time for Millions remember me!!!

Dajwid,

Of course I'll remember you ! You won't get a penny from me but I will remember you

I wouldn't know where to start to be honest. The hardest part would be getting a list of every current school and college and every school and college that existed in the last 40-50 years.

Not if you put that (name of school) on the online form, that would then be added to the base of information as more members joined. That is how FR did it. Remember it was free at first until a good base was built up.