Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Foreigners in Gorzow

I have your email address Ania and will forward on any mail that arrives for you .

Thanks Magdalena. It's very kind of you!

What sort of things are you and your husband interested in? Does he know anything about buying used cars in Germany ?

Ania, you never answered Hans's question about what you both think of Gorzów ?

Maybe let's take one question at the time, since I am easily getting confused
As far as I know, my dear hubby has no further clue about cars, so I wouldn't recommend you using him as a counsellor in buying used cars from Germany . The only thing he knows about cars is how to drive them

Did you mean anything special by asking about what we are interested in? When it comes to Gorzow, we are interested in getting to know some people who can speak english with us, since he doesn't want to learn polish. It would be as well nice for me keeping in touch with some foreigners, it would force me to improve my english. We don't use english so often any more, since we speak norwegian with each other.

And the last question - what we think about Gorzow..
Hmm.. I was born in Gorzow, so it's my hometown. I like it, because I know it very well, but I would prefer to live some bigger place, where language barrier wouldn't be so noticable for me and my husband. We plan on staying here just as long as we have to.

Do you like it in Gorzow? And how long have you been living here?

We bought a pile of junk twice - so this time (we bought a used car one month ago) I chose a car for us. And it was a good choice

Norwegian, as you say, is very similar to english, both vocabulary and grammar. So it wasn't hard at all to learn it.

What made you stay in Gorzow permanently? Do you like it here? (you must either have a beautiful wife, who doensn't want to move, or very well paid job)

What does your Norwegian husband do in Poland? Business?

Yes, we both do business here. Who are you, by the way?

P.S - It must be the former. Well paid jobs in Poland are few and far between .

I have one question for all of you living in Gorzow - what would you say if I suggested a meeting for 'polish forum' members in Gorzow Wielkopolski. Waiting for your feedback :)

I think the moderators suggested this before. Nobody semed very interested. I might come to a barbecue if invited in the Spring/Summer.