Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum

Welcome to the original English language Poland and Polish discussion group board. This message forum is a place where English-speaking Poles, foreigners (expats) living in Poland, and anyone with a genuine interest in Poland can discuss and read the views of others concerning Poland. Subjects include: Polish news and current affairs; Life in Poland; politics; genealogy research; Polish culture and history; advice and tips on visiting Poland; Polish property and investment issues. The aim of our group is to increase awareness of wonderful Poland using the English language and allow and foster the honest debate and exchange of opinions on anything vaguely related to Poland and Polish - positive, negative and/or neutral! To state the obvious: all opinions and views expressed on this site are solely those of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of anyone else! Messages consisting of ads will be deleted.

Links:  Poland Directory; Polish Language Forum; Factbook Poland; Photographs of Poland; Polish TranslationA Town in Poland; Map

Poland and Polish Discussion Group and Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Top Gear

I know it's really popular here, so I wondered if anyone's seen the first episode of the nes series yet, recorded on Tuesday of last week and aired on Sunday.

VERY emotional. Fantastic opening, great banter and gripping coverage of THAT crash.

I downloaded the torrent from this address:

http://www.bt-chat.com/download.php?info_hash=a66778872c1064c5508d443c7ba5d755c9aac650

Re: New Top Gear

Nope. I only have BBC Prime and they're not showing it now. .

I wonnder if it's on the Turbo channel?

Can the whole programme be downloaded from that link? Virus free?

BBC hinted that the crash was Hammond's fault a few days back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPhqEgl-z6k

Apparently BBC is asserting copyright so this may be pulled before you see it

Even better than the old series. Tonight great more language and sexual inuendoes.

Si - If you've got a torrent client, it's totally safe.

It's the full, hour long programme. I'll be downloading yesterday's in a mo. It won't be on Turbo for a couple of months.

How does a torrent client work? I tried to download the file here - www.finalgear.com -
and nothing

http://download.utorrent.com/1.6/uTorrent-1.6-install.exe

follow that link and then install the utorrent client when it downloads.

Then go back to the link you provided and it should automatically download.

Let me know if things don't go according to plan.

I am sure I am not the only woman who loves this programme. I find clarkson really entertaining. They actually make a show about cars really fun and interesting to watch. I did catch some of last week's episode with the return of Richard hammond and his embarassing walk down babe-lined stairs.

He's very outspoken, but his opinionated articles at timesonline.co.uk can be useful for provocative discussion lessons.

Thanks, Mark, I'll give it a try in a moment. How about that Land Rover?

That's a no-no at the moment. Need a new family car more than a weekend toy, unfortunately.

How about a Discovery or Range Rover - the perfect family car and offroader .

Do you have the English language version of torrent? When I download, even though I select English, I'm getting the Polish version. Maybe it's something to do with the fact I have the Polish language version of Windows?

Can't you select the language version when installing, or change it after?

Nope.

Even if English is selected it seems to install the Polish version and later it's impossible to change. I downloaded the first top gear programme. How do you play the film itself ? The obvious right-facing arrow button doesn't work, neither does clicking or double clicking on the title

Be careful about viruses.

If you downloaded the .avi file, you should be able to play it in any media player. Was it a different kind of file?

Re: Re: New Top Gear

Can anyone explain how to get this torrent thing to work?

Can anyone explain how to get this torrent thing to work?

Same problem with Polish.

To get torrents to work:

You need two things: a torrent downloader (I recommend uTorrent, google it) and a torrent file (searchable and downloadable from many many websites, like thepiratebay, uknova; again, google is your friend here.)

Download the torrent file, open it with your torrent downloader program, sit back and watch it download the program, song, video or other to your PC. It'll let you know when the download's complete (which could take hours or weeks, depending on how popular the file is.) Once it's on your PC, open it with Windows Media Player or similar.

Victor, You can change the language in the options section of utorrent. As our mystery guest says you can download all the best British TV on UKnova. They also have a rock music radio station, which I often listen to when I'm not listening to BBC radio 4 .

Cyfra Plus switched off BBC Prime yesterday, which probably means I'll end up using tvnova a lot more ...

Haven't worked out how to watch my torrent programmes on my big screen tv, yet, though. I suppose I'd have to burn them onto DVD ...?

Thanks.

It seems to take a very long time to download programmes.

Why I wonder would anyone in the UK use this system?

Hilarious threats and replies concerning the Swedish torrent website mentioned earlier.

http://thepiratebay.org/legal

I read that Britain now plans to remove internet access for people who use torrents and share files.