Return to Website

Log Homes NetZine? Discussion Board

Log Homes NetZine? Discussion Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
log home builder

Hello,

Been looking for 3 months for a log home builder in western north carolina without success. I can find hundreds of log home companies that want to sell me some wood (logs) but no one wants to stand behind their product and build the home itself. I wonder how all these "loggies" do it. I guess you either need to have very deep pockets or be retired so you can act as your own contractor (I am neither).

I know it is some how happening, I see thousands of pictures in magazines.

If anyone on this site knows of a log home company in the southeast who builds log homes please let me know.
We have gone to the bank and are ready to go.

I'll be surprised if I get any responses but I'm trying all avenues (I never thought it would be this difficult)

Thanks, Greg

Re: log home builder

Greg,

Please visit: http://www.cedar-log-homes.com/log-home-builders-directory.htm.

Good luck.

Sandy Helms

Hi Greg,
Have you considered a handcrafted log home? The log portion is pre-constructed at the lob builder's yard them sdismantled and shipped to your site where it is re-assmebled on your foundation. From there you will need to hire a carpenter/contractor to finish the house but he will not have to stack the walls or notch or anything else associated with the logs because it is already done. If you want more info please go to

www.coastmountainloghomes.com

Greg,

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I think I have some info for you, I am learning too. Two heads work better than one, so email me at jjgalaska@aol.com, and we shall put together our noggins.

Greg: It has been quite a while since you posted. Are you still looking for a log home builder? Please contact me if you haven't already built. I will give you the name of our great builder in Northeast Tenn.

Hi Greg,
I know it's been a very long time since you've written, but your concern is still posted and maybe others will have the same concern about there being no log home builders, but tons of log home companies/suppliers. Wisconsin Log Homes is a company that stands behind their product 100%. My parents just built a Wisconsin Log Home just outside of Wisconsin. Wisconsin Log Homes took care of their project from start to finish - they had absolutely no concerns along the way!! I was nervous when they decided to build a home because they are both very busy people who don't have the time for big projects like this, but they didn't have to worry about a thing except making quick choices for what they wanted to put into their home. Wisconsin Log Homes has a Custom Design Department that specializes in designing floorplans for each family's specific needs and lifestyle. They have an in-house builder, called WLH Builders, LLC, who specializes in all types of homes, especially Wisconsin Log Homes. They travel all over the area and into neighboring states. They do very good work and pay great attention to the smallest details, which is very hard to find in a builder! But they also have reputable builders that they work with located around the country to build Wisconsin Log Homes.
And thank goodness for my mom, they even had a spectacular In-House Interior Designer who helped guide her through the many choices avaiable to us all in the categories of furniture, fabrics, hardware, flooring, cabinetry, accessories, etc, etc!
I am considering building a Timber Frame home sometime in the near future with my husband - and found out they specialize in Timber Style Homes also.
I know my parents were extremely impressed, so I just wanted to write and tell you that there are reputable log home companies that actually build their homes too! Building a log home doesnt have to be difficult - it's suppossed to be fun!
Check out www.wisconsinloghomes.com for more info. Good luck!

It has been a long time since you first posted. However, if you are still looking for a builder, send me an email. I will share the name and phone number of a reliable quality builder who just finished a beautiful log home for us.