This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First term paper- looking for suggestions

My first term paper is due in 6 weeks. I have to have a topic for the paper by next Monday, I am supposed to pick a disease, write a paper and give a presentation on that disease; including signs, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, complications and prognosis. I am wondering, what is your favorite disease, or in other words the one you find most interesting, or found very interesting during your studies? not only the disease its self but the progression of diagnosis and treatment. Please keep responses vague- not many details, just name and general information that you feel the need to share- as in if the disease is found primarily in children and is likely to cause death in most of them, that would be something I will want to stay away from for now.

I want to research whatever choice I make on my own

Thank you
Amy

Re: First term paper- looking for suggestions

Diabetes
Sickle cell
Crohns
Polycystic kidneys
cystic fibrosis
emphysema
Hodgkins
scleroderma

You'd be able to research all of those thoroughly

Maybe pick a body system and go from there. The list is endless!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Anthing abnormal from the endocrine system is super interesting. How about talking about MRSA, how it can be aquired in the medical setting and what MAs can do to prevent it and educate patients (signs, symptoms, dos and don't--such as always finish your ABX and do not take other peoples, hand washing ect)

Thank you both very much, I have 2 due in week 6, one in terminology, and one in anatomy/phys. As so happens I came about one of my topics in a very interesting way. Dysphagia. My husband had an issue with it and I found it so interesting during my research that I went with it.
My second one I decided on HHT. My husband also has that one and it is a very in depth interesting topic, it affects a lot of different body systems so I think everyone can take something from that to whatever office they go into.

Amy