This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE M.A EXAM!!

Hello all...i purchased the Medical Assistant review book by Tom Palko..i was wondering if its truly helpful for the actual test or how close is it to the actual test because it would really suck to study this book and the test ends up to be completely different. And i was also wordering ,if any body knows, how hard is the test and how long is it and does anybody have any info on how to get a study guide or website that has something thats actually close to the test...im very worried because i only want to have to take this test once and i want to be prepared....Thanx for ANY help that can be provided to me.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: ma

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? no

Re: THE M.A EXAM!!

You need to say WHICH test. If it is the RMA exam then I have the preview test which IS very similar to the actual one,and I can send it to you. The AMT website offers the preview test,for a fee.

i always get the two mixed up...but the one im referring to is the the one you take first right after training or school...do u know what kind of things are on it that i should study specificly. If the study guide u have is still helpful to me i would GREATLY appreciate if u could send it to me...THANX!!!

I am still confused about what test you are referring to. A certification test? Those are taken when you are ready for them. I have an example test that the American Medical Technologists has prepared,to get ready for their test. It's over 120 questions,and many of them ARE taken right from the actual test. It does give you an idea as to what is on it and what to study for.
Those study books with tests,like on a CD,are somewhat helpful. The one I had was to get ready for both the RMA and the CMA exam. There were many tests on the CD and I did not pass a lot with a very high grade,the questions were HARD. The RMA wasn't as difficult.