This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tired of being a M/A

I've been at my job for two years, I started at 8.50/hr (yes that is correct) and I am now making 9.00/hr. There are benefits, but if I take the health insurance it will eat up most of my paycheck. My evals have always been positive. I feel like I am in a dead end job. I have done some front office work and enjoyed that; but I am mostly clinical. I wanted to look into Medical Billing and Coding, and thought I had found a school online that I could go through, until I checked their business with the BBB. They had 71 complaints in the last 36 months, this school was accredited through the AHIMA and another agency (can't remember the intitials) does anyone know of any online programs for this type of course, whether it is certificate or leads to a degree, with a good reputation? Thanks Rochelle

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: Tired of being a M/A

I don't know about schools but I can tell you that from what I have read on the message boards of Indeed.com about medical coders,they have just as much trouble in finding a job as medical assistants do,in fact it was like reading letters from MAs only the wording was changed. I wish I could send you a link but if you go to www.indeed.com and select 'Forums' and type in "Medical Coders",you will get more information,and maybe your answers.

Yours is an interesting post. Are you tired of it cause of the low pay or the duties?

Try Andrews Medical Transcription. I've heard good things about them.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MT

Are You Working? yes

LC,
I would say a lot of it is the crappy pay, a 50 cent raise in two years w/ positive evals. I know my attitude here isn't glowing; but I bust my bottom there. I should be grateful to have a job. Thanks for the info. from indeed.com, I did go there; that was an eye opener.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Working? yes