This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA vs the MA student

In our office we have 1-2 MA students who come in to do their externship,they are from the local CC. I have had a couple of students that have followed me around and I showed them the ropes. Anyone my current student is from a "fly by night" school, this school does not find them externship sites, that is up to the student, well I guess our OM agreed to let this student do her externship with us. This girl is only 19; and I feel bad for her, the school she attends has told her SO many stories about how she is going to make so much money and there will be so many jobs that she won't know what to choose from, and the pay is SO great. I'm sorry; but I'm not the type of person to just say nothing. I got on the computer (during lunch time ) and let her see this website and looked up some job openings for her and let her see the limited jobs for MA's; well I thought she would be greatful, instead she got mad and asked the OM if she could leave early, she wasn't feeling well. She swears up and down that her school is going to find her a job, when she gets her diploma....I wasn't harsh; but the truth hurts...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: CMA vs the MA student

I meant to say "anyway" instead of "anyone" in the start of the 3rd sentence.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

That's a good example of the brainwashing that is done by these awful schools and that situation is probably fast becoming the average MA student. I bet even the good programs are now saying anything to lure in students since that seems to be a successful way to rake in a lot of money.

I wonder what the statistics are for all medical assistant graduates who are working in the US. I mean the truth and not what each school will tell you. Anyone care to guess?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? No,thankfully. The school stank.

Are You Working? Not in a long while

Quote "She swears up and down that her school is going to find her a job, when she gets her diploma...."

This girl is dilutional! Her SCHOOL is going to help her find a job...the same school that made her find her OWN EXTERNSHIP....heeellooo wouldn't that be a red flag?