This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I've decided...

To go back to school; and become a Registered Nurse. I registered today (kind of late) at my local CC. I'm taking the required classes before I can get into the program. I'm tired of feeling like I'm in a dead end career that is going no where. Now my choice is 2 or 4 yr. program.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: I've decided...

Best of luck to you! I'm starting my last semester of the ADN program and will graduate in December. It's alot of work, but well worth it!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

is the RN field really difficult?
i would like to kno i would like to go to school for it after the MA which im doubting now after all the stories i just want to know more a little about RN.

Mabi

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medica assistant

Are You Working? yes

It's not easy, that's for sure! It has taken me 5 years total with pre-requisites and core classes. It involves alot of hard work, time, and dedication. Plan to be up late at night working on care plans for your patient the next day, writing out med cards, having get togethers with fellow classmates to practice assessments, not to mention the anatomy/physiology, microbiology, and all the other classes that go with it.
It's definately worth it though!

Are You Working? yes

mabi10,
I've known some ppl. who went through, 2 yr and 4 yr. and there were times when it was rough for them; but they made it through. I'm not worried about it.

Are You Working? yes

Tracy,
I am going to go the four year route; if I went the two year route I would have gone back later to get my BSN anyway. So while I'm still sort of young, I've given notice to my job and this will be my full time way of life until I finish...like you said all the hard work will be worth it.

Are You Working? yes

That's great, best of luck to you!
I am hoping to get my BSN online once I start working. My family needs me to get some full time income now! LOL

Are You Working? yes

yea im sure is hard..im going to be taking MA first and then i really want to go for my RN but not till my son is a little older to be able to focus more hes only 9 1/2 months i think it would be too hard right now well thanks so much...**Mabi**

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Medica assistant

Are You Working? yes