This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new back office job Help!

I have been working (since externship) at dermatologist mostly front office but have just been hired for back office at endocrinologist.Help!! have not been able to practice any back office skills since school 3 months ago..new job starts in 4 days! Any hints? Husband will only let me do vitals!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Re: new back office job Help!

That is most important at this point is vitals. Don't sweat it! I'm sure you'll be shadowing a bit so you can watch and get the hang of things first. Congrats on the job! :)

Your Professional Title/Credentials: LPN

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Congrats on the new job! I hope you end up loving it... Try not to worry too much (it won't help). My only advice would be to re-study some of the basics IE; How to give injections SQ, IM, ID..., How to chart a PT's cheif complaint & medical, history. I would also look into what medications an endocrinologist's (I think that's who you said you were going to work for) PT's are most likely taking & familiarize yourself w/those a bit. Look into what types of diseases & treatments they deal with. Finally, when the big day arrives... try to walk in that door w/confidence. You may have to fake it (confidence I mean) for a little while, but not for long! Best of luck to you & God bless!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Working? yes

Thanks! for the push!! I am lucky enough to have the next 3 days off to re-study and go over things..just need that boost you both gave me for my confidence..

Your Professional Title/Credentials: MA

Are You Working? yes

Re: new back office job Help! Lin

Congrats! Like the other poster said, I don't think they'll throw you to the wolves the first day on the job. Most likely you'll follow someone around and get the hang of the way they do things, they'll probably let you watch a couple of check in's and then let you get you feet wet by trying it. Just take a deep breathe! Good luck!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CMA/CPT

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? yes

I am doing my externship right now... First I did front office & today was my first day doing back office. I will let you know first hand that vitals is probably MOST important... Since you are working for an endo I would try to remember doing finger sticks for blood sugar & urinalysis.... you'll PROBABLY do TONS of those... GOOD LUCK!

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes