This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Linda

Hi Linda, thank you so much for sending me those, questions and answers, I took the practice exam, then checked my answers,...I did very well! above average, I ended up with 87 questions correct. I truly hope those are close to the questions asked on the real exam. No the school i graduated from did not give us any practice exams,,,,before graduation and i know i could have paid 15 dollars thru the RMA site, but where i'm going to take the exam on Friday Sept 21. I didn't figure they'd get to me before i went for the exam. the section i'm most worried about is, the admistrative and insurance part,..maybe legal and ethical issues in healthcare to,..gotta keep studying I guess, if u think of anything else than may be of h elp for me please let me know,..as I really want to suceed as a medical assistant,..Nobody will hire me up here til i have taken the boards,..but they don't really hire medical assistants where I live,..do you think this is going to be a problem for me?? i mean getting a job, lots of places don't recognize MA's or know what there scope of practice is,..they still want the LPN's and RN's...
Thank you again,

Tracey

Re: Linda

Don't worry about the admin questions. I was worried sick about them and still managed to get the highest score. As I said,know the Medicare rules,and also the different type of injections,and immunities. There was a tricky EKG question,about the method with the dots and dashes. We had studied it (although one teacher,a nurse,had never heard of it before) but I had forgotten it. Know the lab stuff,which was skimmed over in my class (the phlebotomy).

A classmate swore she had failed,she said she had to guess at a lot but she still got a score in the 80s. I think that there may be some questions they don't count.

Yes,the questions are very similar,in fact the very first one on the preview exam(the bone one) was the very first one on the actual exam when I took it. I recognized a few others also.

Certified or not,what counts is HOW you pursue a job. Keep in mind that the majority of positions that become available are not advertised. Is that what you meant by where you are at (and where is that?) are not hiring enough MAs? Don't go by what is in your local papers, I will see one position a month in our papers,but dozens for nurses. These offices are getting help by word of mouth. The reason is they don't trust recent grads because of all the inferior schools there are. You may have to convince them to take a chance with you. So don't just apply online or through an e-mail or by dropping off a resume. Ask to speak to the hiring person,and stay in contact. If you have to,educate them as to just what an MA,particularly you,can do.

Kinda embarrassing having a thread with my name on it! I hope this one doesn't last.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA/PBT

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Yes