This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need help A.S.A.P

One of my assignments is to find all of the information concerning the RMA certification exam. I need to find the test dates in my area, cost of exam, cost of membership, etc.

I've looked all over the AMT website and I cannot find ANYTHING.

Can someone please, please help me!

Re: I need help A.S.A.P

On the AMT website,in the RMA section,is "Computerized Testing",which will give information,including the number to call with questions. You have to download the application to find out the fee. I can't recall it but it was below $100. A Student Membership is only about $5,and they will send a nice lapel pin.
You fill out the application and they will send you a letter with the test date,and location. You call them if the day is bad for you.
You take that letter to the testing site. Be prepared to empty your pockets and be photographed and fingerprinted. They will give you scratch paper and are watching you as you do the test but it is really a very relaxed atmosphere doing it on a computer.

Just out of curiosity,is this a school assignment,based on the teacher not knowing the facts either? I saw that at my school,I had to find out stuff for THEM.

Re: I need help A.S.A.P

No, she's actually an RMA. She just wanted us to obtain all of the information ourselves (the same with the CMA certification, but I found that easily.)

Thank you!