This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
why doesnt anyone switch careers

instead of going to medical assistant why doesnt anybody do dental assistant i mean that career is doing muchhhh better where i live theres always open jobs for them i work in a dental office myself as a receptionist and im in medical assistant school but my job is thinking of getting me into Dental assistant n im actually thinking of switching whats the point of going to school and not finding a job...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: another career

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: why doesnt anyone switch careers

I am in nursing school getting my BSN then onto my MSN and CNM. I worked as an MA for five years before I could afford to go back to school. It was a good experience but I am glad to be moving on; I wasn't feeling challanged anymore and was feeling board; plus I want to deliver babies and have wanted to be a nurse for as long as I can remember.

"What's the point of going to school and not finding a job?" That's a good question but unfortunately not many are thinking that when they enroll. They want to believe that they will find a job,or their school surely will help them find one,or just circumstances will. They also are signing up for MA programs because when they think of doing what they want to do,get into the medical field,they aren't thinking in terms of teeth. The nursing profession is so attractive and many are thinking that to be an MA is the next best thing,and faster to become.

But you are right,there are plenty of jobs in the papers for dental assistants. That's because these places are advertising available positions,and are more willing to take a chance on a graduate. It's just the opposite with medical assistants.

people are i think are just attracted because so many commercials and advertises about THE HOTTEST CAREERS available when in fact is not a hot career anymore to many people are taking it and leads to no jobs when i go to the clinics and im sick haha i talked to an MA n she told me is really hard getting a job now as an MA and you be lucky to find one just because is becoming over populated..thats just my thought i mean many people would love to go to nursing school but is not that easy to me is not that money that stops me is my son hes so little and the classes offered in my area are only mon - fri in the daytime i need to work also to maintain my family...

Your Professional Title/Credentials: another career

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes