This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CMA EXAM

I take my test on the 26th... I was wondering if anyone had any SPECIFIC ideas on what to study??? Any advice before the "big day"?

I did REALLY well in school but I have found a KAPLAN study book & realize that there are things I DON'T know. i.e. drug schedules. I'll be sure to look into that. Is there anything that caught YOU off gaurd when you took it??

ANY help is appreciated

Are You Still In School? yes

Are You Working? yes

Re: CMA EXAM

It has been so long since I took my tests. But for me, knowing medical term and basic math calculations was a big help. At least that was the scariest part so it is the only part I really remember!! good luck!!

hi, I just took the exam on december 19th and passed, I was suprised that there were alot of questions on instruments used in procedures, there is language of medicine, blood draw, ekg, the exam is 210 questions every answer left unanswered is considered wrong so go with your gut, God bless I know you will do well

Your Professional Title/Credentials: registered medical assistant, nationally certified phlebotomist, certified ekg tech

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

Actually... that was way back in Oct..... I just got my results & I passed!!! GO ME!!! YAY!!

Are You Working? yes

You took the test in October and just got your results? Yay that you passed! Now can you recall what the test was like,to help future students who want to take it? I can only help those who want to take the RMA test, I have no idea what the CMA exam is like. Why did it take so long to get your results? Did you take it on a computer or paper? Was it as hard as you thought it would be?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Its a paper test & thats why it takes a few weeks for the results.
The test was 300 questions, multiple choice. There were about 10 pictures of the human body & you had to name things.
There were a lot of administrative questions & thats the section I did poorly on.
If I had to take it again tomorrow, I would study pharmacology or at least the more popular drugs a little more.

Are You Working? yes