This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AS degrees. Be careful.

To those looking into any associate degree programs offered through private tech schools please understand the following: Most of the AS degrees in MA, or any other discipline for that matter, from these schools are not transferable. State colleges will not honor your degree for transfer unless the school you earned it from was REGIONALLY accredited. Despite their sales pitches, most private schools such as Maric and Pima do not offer transferable degrees. I'd hate to see anyone spend big $$ on a pseudo-degree that later can't be built upon. PS Don't get me wrong. If you already have such a degree and it's working for you that's great.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: CRT

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No, returning student

Re: AS degrees. Be careful.

Even if the school is credited your course will not transfer. None of my actual MA courses or my medical terminology courses transfered; just the ones like psych, sociology, ect; and I got mine throught a junior college in california. I did not get an AS in medical assisting I just got an AA in university studies because my advisor advised against getting an AS in medical assisting, he said it would do me no good and would only limit me. I do have my certificate of completion in Medical Assisting and it is a nice thing to hang on my wall but I do not get any credit for it at my State College; no UC would take it for sure!

Just curious? What is a Certificate of Completion in Medical Assisting?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CNA, SMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

All of my credits are transferable, except for the ones pertaining just to Medical Assisting ITSELF. My med term, A&P, english, math, pysch, bio, history, soc will ALL transfer. The only ones that don't are the ones that start with MOA...and those are just the Medical Assisting classes.

I have my Associate's Degree in Arts, and I will be receiving my Medical Assistant Certificate this summer.