This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new to this

Hi I'm Phoenix, a 35 year old single woman who is rebuilding her life. I have been out of work for years due to depression and hard ship but things are better now. I plan on getting my ma training at a community adult school in los angeles. I tried private school but quit because of hardships or I couldn't make payments after financial aid. I currently do security work which is tollerable but I want better for myself. I was worried about finding work because of an unstable work history and a resume that has some film exp.. I also have a chronic cough due to post nasal drip. I think it's sinus copd, or something. I never smoked. went to dr. but got poor results due to lack of good health insurance. I don't have tb or anything. would anyof this keep me from working?

Re: new to this

Medical Assistant schools require a physical before you start the clinical portion of your program. If they were concerned at that point about the possibility that it would affect your patient care; it would be addressed then.

As far as an unstable work history, maybe you could talk to a job coach or staffing agency recruiter, as to how you could develop your resume. If your current job has been long-term, that should help.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, PNCC, SMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No