This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ads Read CNA/CMA

There are 3 ads in the paper today that read CNA/CMA. Do you work with CNA's? Aside from obtaining vital signs, what experience can a CNA bring to a medical office? Clerical experience? Venipuncture? I just don't get it. The time and $$$ I could have saved to land the same job!!! I filled a position previously held by a CNA and KNOW(from staff feedback) that I brought a level of professionalism and competence that the CNA did not have and yet after I left, this office is still advertising for a CNA/CMA.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? NO

Are You Working? Just left after 1 year-interviewing now

Re: Ads Read CNA/CMA

Around here a job ad can say "RNs/LPNs/STNAs". MAs are left out in the cold.

I admire aides greatly but I don't like knowing that some facilities are training their own aides to do the work that an already trained and certified phlebotomist could do. I guess some places are doing the same with having them become MAs from OTJ training. All the more reason it can be a waste of time and money to go through an MA program.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA and RPT

Are You Still In School? Graduated 2 years ago

Are You Working? Now and then but not enough

Phew! Just been on an interview marathon. Guess what I've learned in the past few days...the ads posting CNA/CMA are high turn-over. Probably great experience for a new grad. The position I accepted was for CMA. They don't hire CNA's. I'm looking forward to a long career there.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Starting new/better MA position in 5 days!

Good Luck Rena. I hope you get it. Your right that CNA's should not be hired for CMA positions.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CNA, SMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No