This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MA duties to include cleaning, moving furniture, hours every Saturday

I am not kidding about this. I had this interview today. Also, # of hours each week depends on how busy the MD gets. What the??? Didn't even ask about the salary. Hauled *** outta there so fast, I forgot my purse!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Starting new/better MA position in 5 days!

Re: MA duties to include cleaning, moving furniture, hours every Saturday

Sounds like my old job. When I mentioned that most janitors make $20 and that I would like to get paid that during the hours that I was cleaning the entire office they said they would consider it but I would have to get my own workmans comp....

Hearts-
OMG! How long did you work in said position? After I left the interview, I really wished I could get a do-over. I would look Mrs. MD square in the eyes and ask, "Am I being punked?"
Ugh...she also spent WAY too much time explaining how sensitive I would have to be with the pts who come through the weight loss clinic...yeah, 'cause they're sensitive and grouchy from being hungry.' 'No problem. I'll just tell them to BITE ME!" Sorry. It's been a long week of playing the interview game and the real me is coming back! I also read your posts on allnurses. I'm glad you made it out of MA and into real nursing!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Are You Still In School? No

Are You Working? Starting new/better MA position in 4 days!

I worked at the job right after graduation in June 2002 until I started nursing school in Aug 06. I stayed way too long but I was scared to work anywhere else. I realize now that it is because I was never trained and thought that starting at a new place would always be scary (I was hired along with my friend from class, we were the only MAs in the whole office, we had to figure out together where everything; from equipment to paperwork, all while working for a FNP what was anal as hell. They finally changed my position to a "float" in the main office which I liked a lot better (and they had a cleaning crew for the main office...) the first few weeks I would go straight to bed after I got off work. By the end of the first year the FNP I was working for wanted me to go on anti-depressants for "situational depression" shortly after I changed my position and realized that my "situation depression" was caused by working for him.