This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question about CMA examination, please help ASAP!

I'm currently filling out the application for the AAMA certification examination. As a requirment, I have to send in a copy of my transcripts. The deadline to turn the application in is the 31st of March. My school's registration is not until the middle of April, so I will not be able to register for externship until...Therefore, it will not show on my transcripts that I will be going out on it.

My instructor claims that we won't have any problems with that, but I don't know...I also don't know the exact end date of the program, as the end date for externship is not known, since registration is months away. I know it is before the certification test, but the exact date is beyond me.

Do any of you know if I'll have any problems being able to apply for the exam?

Please help!

Re: Question about CMA examination, please help ASAP!

It seems like so far nobody here knows the answer to your question. Maybe it would be a good idea if you call AAMA. They can tell you how to proceed. I'm sure that they probably have had other applicants in the same situation at some time or another.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: BS, AD, CNA, SMA

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

One thing I saw is that a lot of ex students would miss,for whatever reason, one of the few exam dates that the AAMA offers and they end of not ever taking it since too much time passes from learning everything. A suggestion is to take the RMA exam which is offered almost every day of the year. I ended my externship at the beginning of Feb. and took the exam (on computer) mid April. A few in my class,however,were able to take it AT THE SCHOOL earlier because it was discovered that it could be,as long as an AMT member (in this case,our teacher) would proctor. More schools should do this to make it easier on the students but too many think the way to go is through the AAMA,which as other threads have pointed out,doesn't make any difference,certification is certification.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: RMA

Thanks for the replies!

It's a required through my program to take the AAMA certification test. My school paid for our AAMA memberships, and they're paying for our certification exams. I'm kind of stuck taking it...

When I get a chance, I will call the AAMA.

I do have another question...My instructor claims that we would only be wasting our money on the exam study books for the test, and that all we need is our text books. Is this true?

The study guide is a wealth of information about the questions that will be on a cert. exam. It will guide you in the right direction. You can only better yourself for the exam. Remember, it is you taking the exam not the instructor. PREPARE, PREPARE!

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cma

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes