This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sending out your resumes?

When should I start sending out my resume to potential employers? My instructor told us to start now, but we won't be done with the program (externship included) until the end of June.

Re: Sending out your resumes?

do it now. It's April and you have 2 months. YOur instructors are right. THere is no such thing as too early. Sometimes clinics can take so many M.A externs at one time, and if you get your spot ensured early you will be more than likely to get it.
I am surprised that you have to look for your own extern.
Usually the school will have to get you one, its part of the contract.

Do it now, just put when you will be availible (right after graduation) on your coversheet. I got hiered at my externship site a month before graduation.

Oh no, I must have worded my question weird. My school does find our externship sites for us (I already have mine). I was just wondering when would be a good time to send in my resume, seeing as how I won't be done with my externship until the end of June.

Thanks for the advice =)