This active Medical Assistant Web Forum is maintained by Danni R., former Certified Medical Assistant, who has made her mark on the Internet by reaching thousands of medical assistant students, graduates and experienced medical assistants coast to coast through her well known websites and web forums dedicated to ALL medical assistants in the USA and abroad. Many medical assistant students and professionals have come and gone, leaving posts about their dreams, concerns and aspirations. Many reached out whenever possible to lend a helping hand to their peers in the true spirit of this profession! Thank you to all who have supported and contributed to this very active Medical Assistant Web Forum.

Return to Website

Medical Assistant Web Forum

Our Motto: "If Medical Assistants post it - Medical Assistants will reply!"

Medical Assistant Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meridian Career Institute

Has anyone heard of Meridian Career Institute in Sarasota FL? I am looking to go to school for medical Assisting, but i am looking for more of a diploma program versus a degree program. This school seems new, and i can't find any information regarding it really. Does anyone know anything about them?

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Seeking Student

Are You Still In School? Yes

Are You Working? No

Re: Meridian Career Institute

If you already know that it is a tech school,like you wrote on another thread,then why are you interested when you know that those schools should be avoided?
I went to a school with "career" in the title and it was a waste of time and MONEY. For the most part,these schools are not going to help you get that career,and the financial aid WILL involve loans.

If you REALLY want to know what that school is like,talk to the current students and the graduates. Don't ask the Career Coordinator what their job placement is like cause you will not be able to tell if they are being truthful. Speak to the ones looking for jobs.

Your Professional Title/Credentials: Non-working RMA

Are You Still In School? Thankfully,no

Are You Working? See above

i went to this school. it sucks. do NOT waste your money because that is the ONLY reason they want you there. the teachers are horrible, they charge way to much money for not enough education. greedy place.

you would be better off going to a small tech school run by the county. its way cheaper for just as crappy of an education

Your Professional Title/Credentials: cosmetologist

Are You Still In School? no

Are You Working? yes

I considered enrolling, but after my interview and some research, as the others mentioned, they are only after your money. And I found out Meridian Career Institute is known for their Beauty related courses, the medical field is new to them, so beware.

I also considered Stanford Brown Institute in Tampa, they are strickley medical. They also may be money hungry.

Do you're homework, or you might get burned.

Check out your local community college and see if they have a CMA program there. Your credits could be used for a more advanced degree down the line.